LO1: M1: My own photographic style and influences
What photos do you take?
Upon looking through my photos I discovered that the majority of photos that I have taken are of landscapes. These are some of the landscape photos that I have taken.
I took this one from a plane on my way to Lanzarote. It was taken over the North Atlantic Ocean. I took this photo because the way the clouds split and show the ocean reminded me of a river with the riverbank covered in show. the different colours and textures add to this image and give it a rocky kind of look. Also in the top right corner the clouds look a bit like some kind of waterfall which adds to the river effect.
I took this photo in Lanzarote. It is composed using framing and horizon line. The framing is a statue through which you can see the beach.
I took this photo in Lanzarote. It is of the mountains near the hotel I stayed at. It was shot using deep depth of field since it is all in focus.
I took this photo from the hotel I was staying at of the street next to it. this photo uses the composition of horizon line and it has a shallow depth of field since the leaves in the foreground aren't in focus.
What photo styles do you like (Google and include images)?
I like the photographer David Benjamin Sherry. His style of photography is landscape. He takes landscape photos and edits them to create monochrome images in a wide variety of different colours. These are some examples
What type of photos do you want to take?
I want to take similar photos to David Benjamin Sherry's style however the landscape will not be desert land. I can achieve this by taking Photos of landscapes that appeal to me and then editing the colour in Adobe Photoshop to create that bright monotone style. an alternative way that I could achieve this is by adding coloured filters infront of my camera lens.
The below are my initial attempts to replicate David Benjamin Sherry's photography style on an image of my own.
I have discovered the style of photography that I am interested in creating. I did this through looking through photos that I have taken and researching to find influence which I found in the form of David Benjamin Sherry and his colourful take on landscape photography. I plan to take photos of my local area in my brief of Beautiful Doncaster. I will then add the colour overlay in Photoshop after editing in Lightroom to have an effect like this.
Comments
Post a Comment