LO2: P2: Plan a photographic shoot for a client brief
The purpose of my shoot:
The purpose of my shoot is to to take photographs in and around Doncaster that show the area in a positive light. I will be doing this to fulfil the client requirements listed in the brief I was given. The theme of the commission is 'Beautiful Doncaster'. the commission can include portraits, Landscapes, urban/rural shots to showcase the local area. My shoot will be based mainly around landscape photography. My shoot is inspired by photographer David Benjamin Sherry who took landscape photographs and edited them to be monochrome images in a wide variety of different colours. The colours will aid me in creating images regarding the beauty of Doncaster since they can be added to a seemingly ugly place and add brightness. I will need to ensure that my shoot complies with all laws. I must also consider ethics along with health and safety involved in the shoot.
Mood board of my styles of photography:
This mood board shows the style of photography that I took my inspiration from. These photographs were taken by David Benjamin Sherry. These photographs fall into the landscape style which is the style my photographs will be.
Planning for the ten photos I will take:
Description of photos:
1) I will take this photo in the woods in Edenthorpe. It will be angled to look down the path with trees either side.
2) I will take this photo in the woods in Edenthorpe. It will be a framing picture. it will be a view of the path and other trees taken between the gap between two branches.
3) This photo will be taken on the way to the woods in Edenthorpe. It will be a view of the path and there will be the crops on either side.
4) This photo will be taken in the woods in Edenthorpe. It will be angled upwards to the sky with the tops of the trees framing the outside of the photo.
5) This photo will be taken in the woods near Armthorpe. It will be a picture of the pond in the woods.
6) This photo is of the war memorial in Edenthorpe. This picture will be of the front of the memorial.
7) This photo will be taken in Edenthorpe. It will be taken outside of the shops. it will be a leading lines photo along the wall.
8) This photo will be taken in Edenthorpe. It is a photo of the path leading to a housing estate.
9) This photo will be taken in Edenthorpe. it is a photo of the flowerpot. I will likely take this photo from the opposite side of the road.
10) I will take this picture of the park in Edenthorpe. I will likely take this photo from the far side of the field allowing me to get the whole park or at least the majority in the frame.
Legal constraints I will have to abide by:
One legal constraint I will abide by is when I am taking pictures, specifically at the park, I will ensure that I won't take pictures of the children or any other people without parental consent. Along as I stay on public land and don't aim the camera through peoples windows, or any other questionable shots, I have the right to photograph.
The equipment I will be using and why:
The equipment I will use is a Canon DSLR camera along with a 15-18mm lens which I will use for the majority of my photos as it is quite very versatile. I may also use an 8mm fisheye for some of my shots as you can fit more in the frame which might be good for the 4th shot on my list as it will allow me to get a picture of the sky while also getting the trees in the shot. I probably won't use a flash since I will be taking the pictures outside during the day time so I will have the natural lighting.
Recce:
Risk assessment:
I considered taking a photo of people walking in the woods however, I can't guarantee that there would be people and also they may not want to be photographed so I would have to add permission and may have to complete a model release form. On top of that I decided that I wanted my project to be purely landscape and not include people.
I also considered taking a photo of the Cast but since the other photos that I planned were nature based I decided that the Cast wouldn't fit that theme.





Comments
Post a Comment